Monday, May 9, 2005

Training: Running

Well, not really 'running', but moving my feet, more like lumbering than anything else. I'm trying the Couch to 5K running program to work up to running 3 miles in about 2 months. I was more interested in just getting to 2 miles, and then re-evaluate if I want to bother working up to 3.

Anyway, the first run is the following:
5 minute brisk walk, then 8 sets of running 60 seconds and walking 90 seconds
I made it 4 sets before I couldn't take the pain in my lower leg - I don't know what's causing it, but it's the side of my calf, and hurts when I stop running and walk. So I just walked home from where I had gone, with a couple of very short runs (15 seconds) to fiddle with my stride to see if that was causing the pain. All told, I was moving for 30 minutes broken down like this:
Walk 5 mins
Run 1 min
Walk 90 sec
Run 1 min
Walk 90 sec
Run 1 min
Walk 90 sec
Run 1 min
Walk 16:30

I think I'll just keep working up to what I'm supposed to do on day one, and start the program when I get there.

No comments: