Friday, July 13, 2007

Positive reviews

Made a purchase yeaterday of a Buffalo Linkstation 500G NAS. I'm not a technical wiz, and was a little concerned that it didn't really come with much of a manual.

10 minutes later, it was hooked up and I was saving files to it. Easy as pie to set up. I haven't messed with any configuation stuff yet, but I don't really know that I'll need to.

Also downloaded Mediamonkey to rip my CDs to the NAS in flac (lossless) format. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to get the album art (and get that to work with sonos), but that's also easy as pie to use. I still need to test the conversion from flac to mp3 to get things on my new 8G Sandisk Sansa.

I love toys.

Oh, by the way, another plug for Sonos. It took me about a minute on their forums to find the solution to the album art issue. It's still the coolest thing ever.

No comments: