Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Hangovers

I think everyone at one time or another has suffered from a hangover. This (I would assume annual) article discusses hangovers and the potential cures.

Other than the obvious 'Don't drink so much' cure, here are some of my favorites:

  • Drink lots and lots of water during the night of drinking. Down 8 oz of water for every 'drink' (bottle of beer, shot of tequilla, whatever)
  • Salt. There is a reason we crave salty foods when hungover. Water retention. Of course, when coupled with your water drinking, you'll poof up like Shrek, but you'll feel better in the morning.
  • McDonalds food. I have no idea why. Maybe it's just all the mornings I showed up to work there hungover.
  • Coca-Cola. The caffiene helps, I'm sure, but there's just something about it that seems to help.
  • Pizza. Maybe it's the tomato sauce, maybe the grease, but it always seemed to help.

Have a good night. Mrs. Stagg and I will probably just have a calm dinner and cocktails out with some friends, and maybe walk down to the water to watch the fireworks. We'll feel fine tomorrow morning.


No comments: