Thursday, July 14, 2005

Cooter speaks.

Apparently, the new Dukes of Hazzard movie isn' tup to 'ol Cooter's standards. Ben Jones says the movie trashes the TV version.
“Basically, they trashed our show,” said Jones, who read a script of the Warner Bros. movie, scheduled for release next month. “It’s one thing to do whatever movie they want to do, but to take a classic family show and do that is like taking ‘I Love Lucy’ and making her a crackhead or something.”
[...]
“From all I have seen and heard, the ‘Dukes’ movie is a sleazy insult to all of us who have cared about the ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ for so long,” Jones wrote. “Unless they clean it up before the August fifth release date I would strongly recommend that true blue Dukes fans hold their noses and pass this one up.”

OK. Now I think Cooter just insulted an awful lot of people, there. The 'I Love Lucy' analogy might be a little bit of a stretch, don't you think? A 'classic family show'?

I'm certainly not going to see the movie, mostly because I thought it might be true to the television show - that pretty much guarantees a bad movie. A little sleaze might make it a little better.

No comments: