Monday, September 5, 2005

Training: DE Bench

Phase 1, Cycle 2, Day 4
Skipped.

The scheduled workout was on Sunday, the 4th. Due to poor planning,a couple of poor choices on my part, a busy weekend, the holiday (gym hours were restricted today), and a really poorly timed impending 3 day team meeting, I didn't make it.

Mostly, it was my poor planning and poor choices. I was out really late Saturday - it was time well spent, as I saw an old friend I hadn't seen or talked to for a very long time. Sunday Mrs. Stagg and I had a painting project to tackle. I got to sleep at a little after 2am, and got up at about 7am, ready and rarin' to go (getting home late isn't that awful when you only have a couple of beers!) - unfortunately, the less than 5 hours of sleep took a toll, and I didn't go to the gym. No worries, though, because I could just move it to Monday!

Well, due to the holiday, the gym was only open from 10 - 2, and the painting project interfered.

Alas, I do still have to take a look at Cycle 2, and see how I did.

Improve Conditioning
I said I would do 1hour and 10 minutes on the treadmill this week. I didn't come close, only having done 25 minutes. I am changing the time frame to match my cycles to make it a little easier to get done. Same goal for Cycle 3 - 1:10 on the treadmill. I said I would improve my diet. Did well this week, but not as well as I need to do. The weekend has been awful - that happens when there is a house project - we don't cook, we do delivery, cook hot dogs, that sort of thing.

Improve Mobility
Stretching at the end of each workout is good, but I still haven't done my mobility training. I think I need to include it as a warmup or something (that will help with conditioning, too), if I'm not going to do it on off days.

Build base strength by focusing on the basics
Skipped a DE bench session. Keeping the lifting basic, though.

My next cycle will be a little off the usual schedule due to work, but it's still 4 workouts in 8 days. Tuesday is ME Squat, Friday is ME Bench (this is the off schedule day), Saturday is DE Squat, and Monday is DE Bench. The same training phase continues. More than likely, this phase will last at least another 4 weeks unless there is some miraculous change in my conditioning.

No comments: