Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Training: Dynamic Effort Bench

Long day at work today, another long day tomorrow, wanted an excuse not to go, but I'm glad I got it in.

Phase 1, Cycle 4, Day 4

Bench press
2x15 @ 45
95x10
2x3 @ 135
8x3 @ 185
225x3
245x3
275x1

JM press
95x8
4x6 @ 135

Neutral grip pullups
4x5, 1x3(f)

Reverse incline rear delt
2x12 @ 30

Workout time: 7:05p - 7:55p

Yeah. No cardio. Meh.

So, a recap of cycle 4...
Improve Conditioning
Well, another cycle missing the treadmill goal. Tonight was just a desire to get home, I still had work to do and had to get ready for a long day tomorrow. No, that's not an excuse. Next cycle, repeat 1:10 goal. I do think I'm having less trouble getting through workouts, I may add in a little more volume.

Improve Mobility
Still doing well stretching every session, but I didn't do much mobility work, other than the mobility workout. I really do need to add in a mobility warmup.

Build base strength by focusing on the basics
I'm pretty good at this part. No missed workouts this week, although I'd be happier if I had done a real ME squat workout.

Keep on keepin' on for cycle 5.

No comments: