Friday, October 14, 2005

Training update

I'm in the midst of a planned 2 week break. Next phase starts on Tuesday the 25th. I haven't worked out all the details of that phase, but I have some ideas.

The main goal will be hypertrophy - I think I'm going to go ahead and gain 10 pounds or so. While I'm training to do that, I will be doing an experiment to see how well I can keep that 10 pounds lean, so I reduce my bodyfat percentage too.

The training plan will be to do 3 weeks of an ME lift, 5 reps, 3 reps, and 1 rep, working to break PRs. Assistance stuff will be geared toward hypertrophy, but will remain efficient, so expect to continue to see more compound stuff vs. seeing curls. DE stuff will stay to keep speed up, but I might play around with how I do that with benching (DE squatting will never go away).

I'll continue the treadmill/cardio work, and continue a focus on stretching and maintaining mobility.

I'm also going to clean up the diet - more from a health standpoint than anything else, but I think it will help with staying lean, too. Basically, I'm going to eat 250g of protein a day, 5 servings of veggies and fruit a day (using V8 if I have to), and liminting refined stuff. I'm also going to cut back on the booze a little.

I might still have some pizza and a beer every now and again. I'm not a bodybuilder or anything.

No comments: