Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Tuesday Morning Quarterback

20-19 loss against the Steelers in Pittsburgh on MNF.

The frustrating part isn't the loss. It's that if the Ravens played like that every game this year, they would be 5-2, not 2-5. Save for a couple of bonehead moves by a quarterback who seems intent on showing every game why he's a backup, they played with heart, intensity, and did the things that winning teams do.

I just don't understand why they can't do that all the time. Every other game I've seen this year, it looks like they simply don't care if they win or lose. I still think there is a severe coaching issue... but I'll change my tune if they win out and make it to the playoffs.

Yes, I think it will take 11-5 to get to the playoffs from the AFC North. While 10-6 might get it done, I think there will be too many teams that beat the Ravens in tiebreakers at 10-6.

What do I really think will happen? They might go on a run, but I'd be shocked if they finish any better than 6-10.

No comments: