Saturday, April 8, 2006

Mmmmmm.... beer.

Since I'm moving all the way from Fells Point to Canton, I have to familarize myself with a new liquor store. I usually go to Broadway Liquors, about 4 blocks from my house (which, coincidentally is about the distance I am comfortable carrying a 1.5L bottle of vodka, a 750ml bottle of bourbon, and a case of beer at the same time.)

Anyway, I stopped in Canton Discount Liquors in the 2900 block of O'Donnell Street, which is about 1.5 blocks North and 4 blocks West of the new house, to pick up some beers.. I've been in before, as I used to live in Tindeco Wharf, which is also just a couple of blocks away. They always have a decent selection, although they are no Harford Beverage Company.

I got a six of Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA... I'd heard good things at eGullet.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Fantastic! Just the right level of crispness, with a hop bite that lingers for a minute after a sip. Had one with pizza for dinner, then another for dessert (OK, two for dessert.)

This might be my new favorite every day drinking beer. I also think a roadtrip to the brewery may be in order.

No comments: