Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Day 1

Back at it. I can't make fun of the resolutionists this year, since I seem to be one of them. I decided not to do a before/after photo and not to track bodyfat and weight, mostly because I'll know success when I see it (in the mirror and on the lifting platform), and, frankly, you don't need to see my pasty fat photo. We all know what works.

I did change my diet (as of today), I'm using Precision Nutrition as my template. It's pretty easy, Berardi has written about it a great deal.

Eat every 2-3 hours
Eat complete lean protein at every meal
Eat a vegatable at every meal
Do not eat other carbs (wheat, sugar, etc) other than meals immediately preceeding or following training.
No drinks with calories (booze, cola, juice)
Fruit anytime.

I adjust it a bit - one glass of wine a day is OK, and I will drink V8 to get vegatables in (in a pinch).

It's ok to break the rules 10% of the time. For me, that's 3-4 meals a week that I can skip, or eat bread, or have a cocktail.

Anyway, on to the training.
ME Squat
Warmup - 5 mins elliptical, level 10
Low close stance box squat
45x5
95x5
135x5
2x5 @ 185
Shold have used smaller jumps

RDL
45x8
135x8
4x8 @ 185

Spread eagle situps
4x8

45 degree back raise
4x8

Pulldowns
2x8 @ 150

Stretching.
Other than being weak, not too shabby. Benching tomorrow.

No comments: