Friday, March 16, 2007

Glamorous

I spent the night in Islandia, NY Wednesday night. I had an afternoon meeting in Smithtown, NY, and trying to get back to Baltimore after driving the 5 hours up there is just a bit too much.

Just in case you think business travel is glamorous:

I had dinner sitting by myself at the bar at a TGI Fridays.
I watched Return of the Jedi

Exciting, huh?

By the way, I don't understand how New Yorkers do it. I guess it's no wonder they all seem angry all the time. If I had to do that commute every day I'd be angry too. It took two hours to get from Islandia to the NJ Turnpike. It's like 40 miles. Most of that time was spent travelling a 3 mile stretch of the Cross Bronx "Expressway".

I know traffic in and around Baltimore sucks, but we know it sucks, and know exactly when and where it will suck every day. NY traffic is totally unpredictable. I've gone over the GW bridge in 5 minutes, and it's taken me 90 minutes, at pretty much the same time of day. You never know until you get there.

No comments: