Sunday, September 2, 2007

Peace Sells

Through tht eprocess of burning all of my CDs to an NAS (for the Sonos), I'm rediscovering some great old stuff.

What I'm spinning today while getting things done around the house (Mrs. Stagg isn't home):

Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying

I'm suprised not only how well this stands the test of time from a musical standpoint, but the lyrics are applicable today just as they were 21 years ago (I'm getting old). Frankly, this is still better than the pop/metal crap you hear on 'rock' radio these days.

Live - Mental Jewelry

While not the usual heavy shit I usually like, I still dig these guys (and again, 100 times better than what you get now). This 1991 album has a couple of killer tracks on it.

Whitesnake - Slide it in

Really, what else needs to be said. Grab a shot of whiskey, a beer, and a pack of Marlboros, and check out the blondes in tight acid washed jeans.

Dream Theater - Awake

1994. Just awesome. How can anyone not like this.

Hatebreed - Perserverance

This was in my training rotation for a long time. Really not groundbreaking mucisianship, but good to get you angry. In a positive way.

No comments: