Friday, November 9, 2007

One more reason to hide all your money now

The Maryland legislature is in a special session to decide what taxes to raise in order to close a defecit on a budget that has not been proposed yet.

As part of the tax bills, one proposal is to require the issuer of a gift card or certificate to send the value of that item to the state if it is not redeemed within a year.

I heard this on the radio today, and googled to see if I could find it in the news. I'm shocked that I can't. Nary a mention. It's like the media is in cahoots with the bandits in Annapolis.

One thing I keep saying to people who are complaining: it was no secret that electing the Teflon Leprechan was going to result in much higher spending and increased taxes... he never hid his plans to do so. And he was elected anyway.

No comments: