Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Apparently, they share the same definition of "lie".

Hilliary Clinton claims her claim of landing in Bosnia under sniper fire was a misstatement.
Mrs Clinton insisted yesterday that she had simply misspoken, characterising the false claim as a “minor blip” among the “millions of words” she spoke every day.

Asked about the issue during a meeting with the Philadelphia Daily News’ editorial board, she said: “I went to 80 countries, you know. I gave contemporaneous accounts, I wrote about a lot of this in my book.

“You know, I think that, a minor blip, you know, if I said something that, you know, I say a lot of things – millions of words a day – so if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement,” she said.


An apt comparison would be for me to claim I walked to my car today under a mortar attack (which in Baltimore, may be more likely).

No comments: