Monday, July 25, 2005

Training: ME Squat/Dead

You may have noticed a lack of training entries for the past few weeks... that due to a lack of training. I've been a bit overwhelmed with work, being onthe road, and timing of some other things, so what started out as a couple of day break turned into a couple of weeks.

The end result - my conditioning is gone, and I've basically wasted the past several weeks of good training.

Todays session was further hampered by some intestinal issues, as well as the rediculous heat. It was a pretty shitty workout. I actually wondered if I should just call it quits, drop 40 pounds, and take up power walking.
Sumo Deadlift
2x5 @ 135
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x miss, miss
First miss was grip. Put on straps, second miss was weak.

Good morning
45x10
135x5
225x3

45 degree hypers
2x10
superset with
lying leg raises
2x10

10 mins stretching

Workout time: :40

So, the stuff I need to work on:
  • Conditioning
  • Grip
  • GSaF
  • Mobility

I've got some ideas, just need to execute. The August meet is out of the question (business travel is going to make it nearly impossible), but I'm going to be ready for one in the late fall.

No comments: