Thursday, August 11, 2005

Political Stones

I'm generally not a Stones fan (although the Mick Jagger tunes in the movie Alfie were fantastic), but I might have to pick this album up. "Sweet Neo-Con" might be right up my alley.
The track, "Sweet Neo Con," boasts the line, "You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite/You call yourself a patriot, well I think you're full of ..." Newsweek reports.

"It is direct," Mick Jagger was quoted as saying, adding that bandmate Keith Richards was "a bit worried" about a backlash because the guitarist lives in the United States and Jagger does not.

The song also includes the line: "It's liberty for all, democracy's our style/Unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial."

Heh. I doubt you'll hear Clint Black covering that one.

No comments: