Saturday, August 13, 2005

Training: Update

5 times in 5 weeks. That's how often I've been to the gym. And there's really no good reason. That's frustrating, especially when:
  1. It happens far too often
  2. It's in my own control
  3. It's why I don't squat 600 pounds
  4. I KNOW all of this
So, I've made myself a promise. I will not skip a scheduled workout until I lift in a meetor the end of the year. Normally, there is a meet nearby late in the year, giving me 4 months.

Training goals for the next 3 weeks:
  1. Improve conditioning
  2. Improve mobility
  3. Build base strength by focusing on the basics
What I'm going to do to get there:
  • Make every session
  • Do 1 hour of treadmill work a week (7 days)
  • Stretch after every workout
  • Do mobility drills twice a week (7 days)
  • Improve my diet
  • Keep supplemental and accessory lifts basic
My reward: After the meet, I'll upgrade my gear, get a Metal squat suit, a deadlift suit, and a double denim bench shirt.

ME Squat tomorrow.

Keep me honest.

No comments: