Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Stressed out and frustrated...

Boy, am I.

I mentioned below that we are buying a new house. New construction, which means we have selections to make, and some custom things we want to do. Of course, all of those choices need to be done right this minute, and they all rely on some other choice we haven't made yet...

Couple that with Mrs Stagg being the realtor representing the seller on the development where we are buying, so she's got to go thru this with 4 other people right now...

Add to that her normal hectic schedule, so she's a stressed out wreck who has time to eat (sometimes) and try to get some sleep...

Toss in my own work stress - normally I have a reasonably low stress job. I often end up with fires to put out, but they are manageble. For some reason the last couple of weeks have just been killing me. Part of that is my own doing, not effectively managing some projects that I'm working on that I now have to finish up, plus some additional planning stresss. I have to negotiate rates with service providers, and of course am under pressure from my leadership to keep costs under control, and under pressure from service providers to make sure rates are fair (and of course, the stress of negotiations).

Top that all off with the cycle of being too busy to get to the gym, which eliminates an outlet for stress relief, which stresses me out more!

You'll note it took me forever to get back, and then a gap after the first day back. I had hoped to go today, but it isn't going to happen - I have to finish up some work stuff, get to an appliance retailer (or two), get appliance choices to the builder, get the house cleaned up so our housekeeper can clean, try to keep both of us fed without spending too much money because our $30k upgrades budget is looking more like $60K, get the car in for a recall notice, wash the dog, do laundry, get to our current mortgage company's office to get insurance checks from months ago signed so we can pay a contractor, call my mom, and I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something.

It sure is going to be an awesome house, though.

No comments: