Tuesday, February 28, 2006

How cool is this?!?!

I'm an admitted techno-doofus. I can, you know, blog and stuff, but I'm not really a wiz at networking.

I was looking today to see if the price of an NAS had come down a little. I need an NAS to store FLAC music files for my Sonos system, as well as provide storage and backup for our home network, given our plan to have Mrs Stagg work out of the new house.

The Buffalo Terrastation has 1 Terrabyte (1000 Gig) of storage. I'm told that's a lot. In the configuration we would use, we will have 750 gig. Still a little pricey at around $900, but good for the piece of mind and usefulness (the print server is a big plus).

As I'm taking a gander at other products, I come across this: The Buffalo Linktheater.

It's a DVD player that will stream video, pics, and music to your home theater. Wirelessly. For $300. So we can put all of our photos on the Terrastation, then wirelessly show them on the 40-50 inch flat screen we are going to get.

Too cool.

No comments: