Monday, October 27, 2008

Ok, so it was the Raiders

And make no mistake, the Raiders are a bad team. When your kickoff return guy runs out of bounds at the 2, you've got a really, really bad team. The game was a bigger blowout than the 29-10 suggests.

I had the opportunity to go to the game yesterday, and had great seats 5 rows off the field at the goal line (the Raiders TD call happened right in front of me, and that was not a touchdown, but it didn't really matter). Got to take my dad, who hadn't been to a professional football game in 54 years. That's honestly enough fun to make me consider a PSL and season tix.

Flacco is a stud. I love the 'Suggs' package with Smith in the game. Again, this team might not finish better than .500, but they are a lot of fun to watch. And I do think they can beat anyone.

They have 3 road games in a row, now, going to the Browns next week, then Houston, then the Giants. They can win all three, but we have to be happy with 2 out of 3 (my preseason prediction has them losing to the Browns and to the Giants, but the Browns look hopeless, and the Giants are vulnerable).

My big concern right now is the secondary. A little banged up for my tastes. They also need to get the penalties under control. Penalties cost them 10 - 14 points yesterday.

No comments: